Friday, August 25, 2006

Why Blog?

I have been reading my friend Cheryl's blog for quite a while now and when something happens that makes me really happy or really mad, I wish I had a blog! I love reading her take on life. I wasn't sure if I really wanted to write one for two reasons. One, will I really keep up with it? I don't know. Two, will anyone else read it? Probablly not, but I want to write one anyway :)

So, here it is...

--------------------------------------------------------------
One of the things I wanted to blog;

Two weeks ago, I had a very strange experience. I was taking my son to drum lessons and I got it in my head that I "needed" to go to Hallmark. I told myself that I didn't need anything from Hallmark, but for some reason, I felt really strongly that I needed to go.

I dropped N off at drum lessons early, (something I have never done) and told him I was going to run to Hallmark and I would be back before his lesson was done. The whole time I am driving to the store, I am thinking to myself, "Why am I doing this? I don't need anything from Hallmark!". I pulled into a parking space right in front of the store and when I got out of the car, I looked over into the car next to me and I saw a little girl, probablly about 3 years old, sound asleep in the car! Now I live in the southwest and it was about 105 degrees at 6pm. I am looking around for an adult... someone... anyone and I see a woman in Hallmark looking at me, she is motioning to me as if to say, "it's ok". I walk into the store and walk up to her saying, "You cannot leave her out there!" The woman is about 25 years old and has an Indian accent. She tells me that the little girl was sleeping. I again told her she cannot leave a child in a car. I told her it was very hot outside and the child was sweating! She told me, no, she rolled the windown down and she was fine. I then raised my voice and told her, "You go outside, get into your car and leave, now... before I call the police!" She was stunned and quickly walked out and got into the car. The employees in the store had no idea what was going on. Then I walked around in the store, and I no longer had the feeling that I "needed" to go to Hallmark. I drove back to my son's lesson.

I was really blown away by the whole incident. I have been struggling with my faith recently and if this wasn't a "God Thing", I don't know what is.

No comments: