Wednesday, January 03, 2007

New Year, New Life?

Why do we feel that we need to make major changes to our lives because the calendar says January? I could have started going to the gym and eating healthier at any time in the past year, but because of the month I feel obligated to make these improvements?

I want to make some resolutions that I can stick to that will make a difference in my life.
This is hard to do.

Exercise/better eating:
can I stick to this? No will it make a difference? Yes

Stop spending needlessly:
can I stick to this? Maybe will it make a difference? no, because I will find something else to spend the money on!

Do not accept volunteer positions without thinking about it for 24 hours:
can I stick to this? Yes will it make a difference? Yes

Do not start a crochet project until the last one is finished:
can I stick to this? Maybe will it make a difference? Yes

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I heard a statistic recently that said 60% of all worrying is about things that never happen. That is a lot of wasted time! But I wonder, what is the difference between worrying and planning?

Do I worry a lot? No, but I do plan for things that I don't know if they will happen or not. I wish I could turn off my brain sometimes... just for the quietness of it all. I wonder how people meditate. I have tried and tried and I can't get my brain to shut up!

No comments: