Friday, January 19, 2007

Venting is good for you...right?

Today I called my best friend to vent. I was soo angry and I had to get it out! Nothing life altering, just annoying.

1. the conveinence store I get my DP from every single morning, raised their prices, again! Now I am paying $1.07 for a soda. At what point will I give up this addiction?

2. said store is NOT enforcing the no smoking law in their store. It's a freaking law! Not an optional law... but a real law! When I asked the clerk why they don't ask people to not smoke in the store, she said the manager hadn't told them what to do when someone lights up, so they just ignore it. I am thrilled that you can 'ignore it' but it is illegal!

3. again at said store this morning, a guy pulls up next to me, gets out and goes into the store for about 8 minutes. He is wandering through, reading the labels on the energy drinks.. very slowly. Meanwhile, his 2 year old is asleep in the car! While it is running! I guess so it would be easier for someone to steal? Why do I keep finding these people?! Are there that many of them around, or am I really observant?

Anyway, after I vented these frustrations to her, I felt so much better. Nothing changed, but I wasn't holding the anger in any longer.
================================================

For the last year, I have been wanting to try altered art. My friend Cheryl does some great stuff and I have enviously admired her work while wishing I could just jump in and do it. My favorite stamp store is having a day long class with some 'famous' teacher. But, it is $110! I can't do it! I can't spend that much on a class! Some day I will start.

No comments: